Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"Coulda, Woulda, Shouda"


This past Friday my dad and I met up with our friends, Anita and Howard for Jasmine Thai. This is one of my favorite restaurants in Indianapolis, the food is amazing and the atmosphere is so very cool. We started out with Thai iced coffee and Thai iced tea (orange), I am not a coffee drinker, I prefer tea, but this coffee is not bitter, but sweet and cool and delicious. We skipped appetizers and ordered so much food. We all had our favorites and Dad and I had been planning what to eat all day. 
Dinner started with one of my new favorites Tom Tom Yum soup with lemongrass, straw mushrooms, and shrimp. Then came Pad Thai, a stir fried noodle dish with tofu, peanuts, chicken and bean sprouts and Masaman Curry, a brown curry with potatoes, beef, carrots and pineapple.  It is a mildly spicy dish and you can request each dish as spicy as you wish.

We also ate a Thai omelet with peas, ground meat, carrots all tucked into the omelet with a red sauce.  This is my dad's favorite. It is a such a great flavor, so unique and so delicious,  all in an omelet. Anita also had really good papaya salad with Green and orange papaya with tomatoes and carrots and nuts with lime.  It was so fresh and similar to a sweet coleslaw. 
Dessert was the perfect end to a great meal. I have only had dessert at Jasmine Thai once but it has always been great. We all shared sweet coconut sticky rice with mango and sesame seeds. We also ate fried bananas in phylo dough with ice cream and toasted coconut.

Dinner was so good and we still had a show to go to, Patti LuPone in "Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda" at Clows Memorial Hall in Indianapolis.  Ok, I am sorry to admit, I didn't know who Patti LuPone was before seeing her in concert.  I really was surprised to see and recognize her from Will and Grace, Ugly Betty and other TV shows I have watched.  The Will and Grace episode is "Bully Wolly", where Jack is trying to get Patti LuPone's hair sample for his  growing collection of famous women's hair.  The concert was wonderful and I am so glad we went. We al enjoyed the concert and everyones favorite song was Medowlark from The Bakers Wife.

Anita, Howard, and Dad before the concert. We all had a great time. The concert was the hit of the evening, after dinner. Patti LuPone's music is available at ITunes.

0 comments: