Sunday, May 3, 2009

Claws and Tails!

Lobster, all I can say is Lobster. One of my favorite foods and such a treat! This lobster was flown in all the way from Boston. After a visit to the family back east, my mom brought us this lobster as a treat. We decided that since everything is better on the grill, we would grill this lobster on the Green Egg Grill.  Good thought, not great in transition.   

First we boiled the lobsters, in salted water. I will tell you that this is the part that I hide from, running to the other end of the house, avoiding the shock of dipping the lobsters into the water.  But for my friends, and for myself, and for this blog... I had to stand and take pictures while the lobsters went into the pot.  

To grill the lobster we sliced through the tail  so it wouldn't curl up. (Please don't forget to take the rubber bands off the lobster before putting it on the grill, they will burn you and they melt to the lobster.) Along with the lobster we grilled corn sweetened with milk, sugar, salt and pepper and sliced vegetables with oil and salt and pepper.  
We soaked the 4 ears of corn in milk, for around half an hour with about 1/3 cup sugar, salt, and pepper. We grilled it without the husks, it was so sweet and juicy. Really good for early corn.  We cut up 2 bell peppers with onions and yellow and green zucchini. We mixed the veggies with olive oil and salt and pepper, this is our normal grilled veggie dish.
While the corn and vegetables were great, the lobster did not benefit from the grilling and it actually over cooked the lobsters.  They were still great, and I am so glad we got to eat lobsters, its been so long since I  had a lobster, maybe we can fly more lobsters out to Indiana. Yum!

0 comments: