Saturday, June 27, 2009

Trip Day 3 a Trip to Pasa Robles to Cambria

Sorry everyone, we have not had wi-fi or any service for most of the last 2 days. Thanks for being patience. 

We started out in Santa Barbra and drove to Pasa Robles, for wine tasting. Mom and I stopped at Peachy Canyon winery and Tobin James (our favorite).   The wineries each have different personalities, Tuscan, country and Wild West. I really am not a wine person, I don't like it and in fact I will always drink anything but wine. However, at Tobin James they had some wines that I actually liked. The atmosphere there was a fun, party, and a crazy western bar. 
After leaving Tobin James, we actually found an open vineyard and I took pictures of the budding grapes. I love the pictures of the grapes, in the pictures as in life; they are glowing from the inside. Though the dusty exterior you can see the light glowing.   
As we were driving we saw a u-pick blueberry farm That was the most fun we have had so far. Grab a small bucket and pick whateever you want, there were at least 10 differant kinds of blueberries. My method was 2 in the bucket. 1 in my mouth, mom however did it a little differant, 2 in her mouth, 1 in the bucket.
We also stopped in a small dutch "Disney" kind of a town, it was a waste of our time and that is all I have to say about it. The only thing I liked was this cute door to no where.  LOL
From there we traveled through a rolling countryside to the small artists village of Cambria.  The beautiful ocean-side inn, the Fog Catcher, we stayed at was so cozy and cute and just across the street from the boardwalk.  Mom and I had a nice dinner at the Sea Chest. The food was good, but it was so dark I couldn’t get any pictures.   The view was so beautiful, but it was so so so cold!

0 comments: