Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Indianapolis to Los Angeles Trip Day 1



Trip Day 1 
Indianapolis to Chicago to Los Angeles


This trip was long, uncomfortable, hot, and we were squished so tight in the airplane that any  chance to get out of the chair was a welcome relief. 
 After landing in LA we stopped to get a rental car and off we go!  I love how cool the weather is here, just 67˚F.  Mom and I headed to the Santa Monica Promanade for dinner.  Dinner was at a wonderful Italian restaurant Lago. We were so hungry, mom and I really over ordered. The meal started with white fish pate with toast points, then margarita pizza, and calamari 
and shrimp with mushrooms, this was served with a spicy red sauce and a garlicky white sauce. 
After the “appetizers” we had so so salmon with mustard leeks served with black basmanti rice.  My favorite dish was dinner salad with tomatoes, carrots, and celery.  The best part was the lemon dressing, I love lemony goodness on a salad. 
 After we stuffed are selves, mom and I walked around and I took a lot of pictures of the water, trees and the Santa Monica Pier. Exhausted we drove to our hotel for the night, The Orlando. I love vacation.

0 comments: