Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Two Cookin' Sisters



Two Cookin' Sister, this place is the coolest! I walked into the adjoining store, The Prairie Street Market. I was told they carried cheese from Fair Oaks Dairy. I had never been there before, it was small and very homey. They had fresh eggs, Brookston chilli and mushroom burgers to name a few. I bought munster and sweet swiss cheese; grilled cheese on challah tonight!  I left to drop the cheese in the car, (I always carry a cooler) and walked into Twin Sisters. 

Wow, I loved this shop at first glance. I saw rows and rows and shelves of beautiful jam jars, art, and trinkets.  This is topping the list for my new favorite place. I bought chocolate raspberry jam, BBQ sauce, and scone mix. Did I mention that everything sold here is made in Indiana! This cool store carries  jams, chutneys, mustard, apple-butter, pickles, salsa, popcorn, pumpkin butter and cake jam to name a few. Everything looked good! Along with local art, they carry hand-blown glass ornaments, pottery, gifts, candles, jewelry and stained glass. It is full of nooks and crannies and everywhere you look,  you see antiques, great gifts and yummy food. I will be back. In true Indiana style this place rocks!

0 comments: